Wednesday 17 June 2009

Project 52 ... 13

Meet Donald. A pillar of the community.
.


D200, Tamron 17 - 50, f2.8, SB 800, softbox

This shot was taken one evening in March, when the weather was kind to us; it was warmer than expected. I say pillar of the community because Donald has given a lot of his time to being a school governor and has recently been recognised for it. He gives this time and expertise selflessly; a lesson to us all. This is a relaxed picture of Donald, being himself, in his own environment. He can also be seen here, in a more formal portrait.

The shot was very simply lit with an SB 800 in a softbox to camera right at about 30 degrees to Donald and slightly higher than him. I wanted to give the effect of ambient light coming through the French doors of an evening. I dropped the exposure on the ambient, set the camera at about 1/250th and tweaked the aperture until I got the shot I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment