Wednesday 12 August 2009

Project 52 ... 30

Say hello again to Heidi.

I photograph Heidi every year when I return to Ireland on a family holiday. With her lovely smile and long shining blond hair Heidi always looks good in a shot. I photographed her previously here.
.



D200, Tamron 17 - 50 f2.8, SB 800 in reflecting umbrella

This shot had to be taken indoors as the Irish weather was asserting itself; as I posted earlier, rain. Fortunately the hall in Heidi's house is rather large and lent itself to me setting up an SB 800 with a reflecting umbrella. The quality of the light from it was wonderful. As before everything was set to manual, the camera and the flash and I was shooting at 1/200th. I simply tweaked the f-stop until the photo looked right. Simple. Then you just shoot away. In a sequence like this I find it better to take a lot of shots because facial expressions change constantly and you wound not want to miss the best one!

Heidi's two friends are holding her hair up to give this fun shot. Thanks Heidi for being such a great sport and putting up with the hair pulling!

No comments:

Post a Comment