Sunday 18 December 2011

'You!... you're one of us!'

Well, my good friend Dave, known to countless millions as Nappmember UK, please visit the website here... well he finally got me to join NAPP, The National Association of Photoshop Professionals. Its been a few weeks now and I can honestly say that I haven't looked back since. At the moment there a a number of deals to be had for joining. I took the one that gave me all the back issues of Photoshop User magazine for 2010. A great bargain, but there a other deals available, check out the website above for a number of them, Dave always keeps the website up to date.



The amount of learning that is on the NAPP website is phenomenal. There are instructional videos, walkthroughs, a forum for photoshop chat, and, as you would expect in the photography world, everyone is extremely friendly and wants to help. The NAPP home page is here; it is a Kelby Media Group enterprise, and again, when Scott Kelby gets involved gets involved you know it is going to be good.

Thanks to Dave Clayton for finally twisting my arm, I should have joined years ago! and to Glyn Dewis for al the photoshop help and encouragement. So if you use photoshop, are a photographer, then give NAPP a look, you will not be disappointed.

This year has been a joining year for me; the #curryclub is going from strength to strength, we are having a great laugh there! But one other place I have become hooked on is 500px. 500px is a website for photographers best photographs. As my good friend Glyn Dewis puts it; if flickr is a place for people to appreciate your photographs and give you a hug, then 500px is about your best photographs with other photographers best photographs, and then some, and feedback from each other. The photographs are all amazing.


You can have a free account, but I was lucky enough to upgrade to an 'awesome' account on Black Friday, where those lovely people at 500px gave a whopping 50% discount. Check their website out here. Do check out my portfolio, and have a browse at the amazing photos that are on the site, but be warned... Its addictive, you will find hours pass away.



That's it for now, enjoy the run up to the festivities, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

All the best,

Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment