Tuesday 15 December 2009

Playing With The Darkness

Charlotte, Laika and Sofia; three incredible Gothic models.
.

.
These girls gelled really well together. It was as if they had known each other for a thousand years; instinctively they knew how to pose, how to relax and how to give all of themselves to the moment. These are some of my favourite shots from the day.
.

.


.
All the shots were taken on the D200 with a Tamron 17-50 f2.8, set at 1/200 and about f5.6 at ISO 100. We had an SB800 in a shoot through umbrella to the front of the girls and high and a couple of gridded flashes to either side to the rear. Space was a little tight and we had somewhat limited shooting time, but I am more than pleased with the shots.
.

.
The relaxed harmony between them was amazing; it was as if they had memorized their scripts the night before (maybe they had!) but their movement, poise and rapport was second to none and seemed to be second nature. For me, its the darkness in these shots that I like; its the unknowing; it makes me uneasy, on edge, unsure; it tells tales and lets the imagination wander.
.

.
I have no doubt these girls have a future in the modelling world. Good luck Charlotte, Laika and Sofia, I am sure we will be seeing a lot more of you!
.

.
Another big thank you to Ashton Court and Bristol Strobists for organizing a wonderful event!

No comments:

Post a Comment